Are you ready for the CPP exam?
These questions are from the Professional Photographic Certification Commission website. You can do it! Ready, Set,…..GO!
1. Which of the following will be produced when a large white umbrella is used close to a subject.
a. Minimal effects of flare
b. Flat, low contrast results
c. Crisp, sharp, richly saturated results
d. Enhanced texture, color, and shadows
2. A particular photo filter used on the lens calls for an exposure factor of 8X. Applying this factor to the initial exposure reading of 1/8 second at f/32 will require a new exposure of
a. 1/8 second at f/22
b. 1/8 second at f/16
c. 1/4 second at f/22
d. 1/4 second at f/16
3. Which of the following is created when equal amounts of yellow, magenta, and cyan filtration are combined over a single light source?
c. Equal amounts of red, green, and blue are reflected
d. Equal amounts of red, green, and blue are absorbed
4. If focusing on the same subject at the same distance, what will happen to the image size if a 300mm telephoto lens is used on a 35mm camera compared to a 300mm lens used on a medium-format camera?
a. The image size with the 35mm will be slightly larger.
b. The image size with the medium-format will be larger.
c. There will be no difference in the image size.
d. The image size with the 35mm will be smaller.
5. JPEG compression is the key to
a. enhancing images.
b. expanding memory.
c. adding more pixels to the file.
d. keeping large images manageable.
6. When going clockwise around the color wheel with red on the top, the progression of colors after red is
a. cyan, magenta, yellow, green, blue
b. green, blue, yellow, magenta, cyan
c. blue, magenta, cyan, green, yellow
d. yellow, green, cyan, blue, magenta
7. Which ISO setting would produce the optimal sharpness and detail with the least noise?
8. In a portrait illuminated with a 3:1 lighting ratio, comparisons of the highlight side of the face with the shadow side would produce a difference of how many stops?
9. A photographer has been asked to photograph some diamond jewelry for a department store. Which of the following styles of lighting would be best to use?
10. For the best results, where should the hair light be positioned?
a. Over the subject’s head and about 45 degrees behind
b. Below the subject’s chin
c. To the side of the subject that is opposite the main light
d. Directly overhead
How did you do? This might help…..
Powered by Facebook Comments